Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Checked out Dubai, United Arab Emirates!! Jan 2012


Here's some FB pictures of "Checked out Dubai, United Arab Emirates "

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151147843325527.786476.751750526&type=3

There's a bunch of my postings that I haven't finished or added my thoughts or experiences to as yet! But hey it's only been 3 or 4 months so will get around to it soon insha'allah! So if u want to read wtf went on well check back again in another 3 or 4 months time!

Yeah Dubai is just another Las Vegas but hey it's good to see once which is enough! Saw my friend Mateja from Croatia who is working as a flight attendent for Emirates Airlines in Dubai, the Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world, the goofy indoor ski hill in the world's largest shopping mall, the Palm which is a man made island shaped like a palm tree and got to see the old school souk (Arabic market)! Yeah Dubai is a bit plastic but worth seeing cuz of all the hype it gets!

So awesome to meet up with a Croatian friend who’s working as a Flight Attendant with Emirates Airlines here in Dubai! We met when she was working at a Hostel I stayed at in Zagreb a couple years ago! I really cherish the many friends like her I meet traveling ! It’s one of the reasons I love Traveling as it sure the f*ck isn't the shitty tourist attractions like statues, museums & churches! But all the cool interesting people a person meets traveling so it’s kind of sad to say goodbye when we part to go our separate ways! What was cool was we met & had a drink at the base of Burj Khalifa, the Tallest building in the World! Then went to check out the goofy indoor ski hill in Dubai! But wtf people come to Canada to ski/snowboard and go to hot places to surf, etc so it all works out!!! Basically Dubai is just a shopping Mecca not much else ! It’s just another Las Vegas so visiting once is enough !!! 


Wow I saw both Mateja and Kara in the past year! Met them both in Zagreb when I stayed at the hostel Mateja was working! Kara came to "Vancouver last summer and then I visited Mateja in Dubai! Mateja told me that when her probation period is over then she can apply for an US visa! Then she can work flights going to Eastern US! So it would be awesome if she flew to DC and u could visit her! As I said there's nothing better than meeting up with nice people (like u 2 sweethearts) that u meet previously in your travels! I'd go out of my way to meet people like the 2 of them even for 1 hr! So happy for Mateja and about her career with Emirates Airline!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers