Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I like to travel with others but it's sometimes good to travel alone to stay out of bars, etc cuz they're a bad influence and I seem to have no will !

I like to travel with others but it's sometimes good to travel alone to stay out of bars, etc cuz they're a bad influence and I seem to have no will !

Well for the past 3 weeks I've been travelling with Jacob (Jake the Snake or Snake as I call him as it's easier than Jacob) my Dutch buddy, Kramer (Lloyd's from Perth Aussie who looks like Kramer) and Milky (Glenn's also from Perth who wrote this song about Milk that I think is really great). Snake stayed in Antigua cause he met some Norwegian blonde and he'd rather spend time hanging around with her than us. He also wants to go to Guatemala City to get his last Hep Shot. Guatemala City is a real Shit Hole. But then so are all the capital cities of Central American countries. I have no plans to visit any capital city as they have nothing for me. I told him that I have no desire to check out that place so he can catch up with us if he wants. So the 2 Aussies and I took a overloaded mini van at 4 am from Antigua, Guatemala to Copan, Hondorus for 6 hrs. The 3 of us got stuck sitting in the rear baggage seats. I was lucky cuz I got a seat further to the front when one person got off at Guatemala City. Kramer and Milky are both 6+ ft so they suffered the ride.

You know to me Hondorus looks the same as Guatemala so far but we've only stayed overnight at Copan which has Mayan Ruins. The 3 of us couldn't bother checking out the Ruins as have seen enough broken down architecture. We also didn't do the amazing Zip line with the 16 lines cuz it costs 35 USD. Apparently there's a 1 km zip line and one called Superman which u fly down head first. I was dying to go for the Adrelaine Rush but figure my pocket book cpuldn't handle it even if my body could. Have to start watching my expenses as hanging with guys is not a good thing for the wallet. But what the heck u only live once I guess and I'm going to go down in a blaze of glory. But it doesn't seem to impress my family as they think I'm crazy! But no point in talking about that as I probably won't change plus I'm not hurting anyone or myself as just a big Kid enjoying life!

We spent last night in the hostel celebrating this Ben this German guy's birthday. Unfortunately we came on the wrong day cuz they're having an election and the bars all closed Sat and Sun so no one would drink and fight over the election. But the restuarants were selling special cokes and sprite which had rum in them. Then we returned to the hostel and this German guy brought out his guitar and everyone sang. Well except me cuz they were singing in German and Spanish and unfortunately I don't do those languages. I'm just an ignorant English speaking guy who's almost gave my the idea of learning Spanish. But I'm still looking for a quiet village where I can stay with a host family who only speak Spanish and there are no English speaking people in town.
Unfortunately I haven't found it yet cuz I can't talk to anyone about it in Spanish.

We got up at 7 am (hell yesterday it was a 3 am wake up and today a 6 am) to catch a bus. This bus was more comfortable and I could sleep. We were heading to San Pedro (hell every country in Central America has a town with that name). Most of the other travellers were heading to La Cheiba to go to the Bay of Islands to scuba or to chill. I decided to head to the coast to Puerto Cortes to catch a ferry to Belize. I was planning to pass on Belize cuz rumor has it that it's expensive. Sarita a good friend in Vancouver is from Belize and she kept telling me to check it out. But I won't be travelling the entire country but just check out the islands for a week or so. So what the heck I'll head to Placenia which is an island and just check it out! The beautiful thing for an idiot like me is they speak English. Boy I'm going to talk myself silly talking to the locals cuz I really miss that in Mexico, Guatemala and Hondorus (the biggest reason I want to learn Spanish). But time is running out on me as I'm a loser at languages. It's got so bad that I gave my English/Spanish dictionary (cuz it was loading down my pack) to Sara my good Bolivian friend who is living in Barcelona as she knows Spanish cold but needs help with English. It might as well be used by someone as I wasn't and it was getting heavy. Now that may have been a mistake.

So I'm off to Belize tomorrow to check out the beaches and talk to the people I hope. So will post pics and let u know what it's like.

No comments:

Followers