Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Left San Pedro to go to Antiqua Guatemala to climb a live volcano

Yeah Antigua is a nice city with colonial style made by the Spaniards. There's a 400 year old church which got destroyed by an eathquake. But the main attraction is the live volcano with lava running off it. It was pretty awesome but the last part of the climb was on the cooled lava rocks which was hard to get footing. The lava running down the mtn was so hot we couldn't stand near it for more than 5 mins. Took some marshmellows to roast on the lava. We got to the lava just before sunset and got to see the lava flowing in the dark.

So now that I've seen the volcano it's time to leave Antigua probably tomorrow Fri. May make another stop but my goal is Hondorus.

Stayed in the Black Cat Hostel which is a pretty cool place and for $10 we got a super breakfast. Unfortunately the dorms are small with 6 beds of mixed dorms. The surprising thing there was to meet up with Jolene's friends Conroy, his girlfriend and another guy. It was nice to see him but hoping that he has only nice things to say about how I'm handling myself. Cuz Jolene has this habit of giving me shit about my actions. She told me not to write about smoking grass. She may be right about that cuz she worries about me and is like a mother than a daughter as she remembers our backpacking trip to Cambodia and Vietnam but hey I was harmless there. But lets face it I don't know why there's this stigma by society about smoking. Cuz I'm way better smoking than drinking as I don't argue, vomit and it doesn't cost as much. I think drinking and getting stupid drunk and passing out or driving drunk are way worse. But most conventional people don't think like me. But u know I'm getting to the point that I don't really care what anyone thinks anymore about me smoking cuz I'm not doing any harm to anyone! But I'll try to tone down the stories about smoking cuz no one is interested to hear about it. But u know they also don't have to read this blog or can pass on those parts.



But Antigua was Ok but the thing that got me was that in Guatemala the bars close at 1 am so the party is just starting cuz we're on vacation so no rush to get up in the morning. Hey I'm not a big drinker (as can't drink much also it's expensive) but what else is there to do in the evenings.

Hey I learned a little Salsa so I can do the steps but can't swing my butt like the Latinos here. But I may check out a few more Salsa clubs and learn more.

So saw the amazing lava volcano so any other volcano will be anti climatic so don't have to see another! Spent the last night in Antigua by going to the main square and listening to Christmas Carols with a friend and going for dinner. Hey I have a 3 am wake up call from this friend to catch my 4 am bus to Hondorus. Will add pics of the volcano later when I have time so stay tuned. But check out my stories about Hondorus. Later!

No comments:

Followers