Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Acapulco is a Shit house so could only stand 1 night

Ye ah I didn’t like Acapulco as it was just touristy for my likes. Stayed at the K2 hostel which had a 4 bed dorm the size of 4 caskets and enough room to stand. Luckily it had an a/c so it wasn’t baking. But it was so dam small u couldn’t move. But the only reason I stopped there was to check out the Cliff Diving. So walked about 4 km / 2.5 miles to get from the hostel to the Cliff Diving as didn’t want to pay 10 Pesos or $1.00 to get there on the bus. Really enjoyed the diving as the guys really know how to dive from 35 m / 115 ft. Heck thought most of the guys diving would be young fit kids. But a couple seemed more middle aged and a bit over weight. But guess they were into diving and hitting up the tourist for some tips. Was with a couple Aussies from the hostel who couldn’t bother to drop them a tip.


Was thinking I wouldn’t mind trying a lower jump just for a hoot. But seeing the tides and having to wait for them to come in before jumping. I thought shit I’d have to be out of my mind to try it! I’m stupid but not dumb!


Saw the diving so what else was there to do but leave as couldn’t take any more of Acapulco even if I paid for the night. So thought I’d take the night bus to Puerta Escondido as it was a cool beach town.

At the hostel was Marianna the first Mexican girl I met who could speak English so had to have a couple beers. She liked meeting foreigners and practicing her English. Then Jacob a Dutch guy came by and joined us. I met Jake the Snake later in Puerta Escondido and became good mates. I had to catch a cab to the bus station with 3Aussie guys so left Marianna in the good hands of Jacob and they hung out for 3 days.

Felt a bit bad as I got on the 11 PM bus to Puerta Escondido and the 3 Aussies didn’t so they had to wait to get on the 2 am bus.

Oh well these things happen which is a good reason to travel alone cuz u get on when there’s only 1 seat!

No comments:

Followers