Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The all day trip to Panajachel, Guatemala the place sucks as nothing to do but get blown by the cold wind!

We were sitting around the campfire enjoying ourselves until 3 am and then had to wake up to catch a 730 all day bus ride to Guatamala. Of course Mexican time can mean the bus could arrive anywhere from 6 am to 9 am. Unfortunately as luck would have it the bus came at 6:45 so of course we weren’t ready.

It was like a 5 hr ride to the Guatamalan border which I slept most of the way. It was a mini bus so it wasn’t packed and the ride was good. There were Aussie girl and a Mexican, 2 Guatamalan girls, 2 Japanese girls, Jake and myself. Then when we got to the border we had to go through the Mexican immigration and show our travel card which we got when we entered Mexico. Unfortunately Irene I couldn’t find my card and I was holding up the line and our mini bus. So had to pay the 257 Peso fine for losing it. So if anyone goes to Mexico don’t lose the card or u’ll pay the piper like I did. Actually when I think about it I could have gotten away without paying it. Cuz the lady at Immigration got tired of me standing there going thru all my papers looking for the card/paper to proof entry into Mexico. So I could have boarded the bus and left then with out a stamp in my passport. Cuz we never got stopped and asked if we had Mexican stamps showing we left Mexico. It would have made a difference if I was going to Guatamala and returning to Mexico in a week or month. But shit I’m so dumb I paid it and then tonight when I was checking my papers, |Guess what I found? My Mexican tourist card but shit maybe I’m just a Loser cuz I keep losing things.

Boy it was sure windy here as it was howling and my shorts and t-shirt! I’m thinking I may need to wear more to cut the wind! Hopefully there’ll be less wind tomorrow.

There’s a beautiful lake around this town with a bunch of other small towns/villages to hang out at. But we may stay another night here to chill and catch up on our email writing etc. First day in a week or more that we didn’t drink!!

Will be adding to this posting as still here and haven't taken pics yet

No comments:

Followers