Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Took the Boat Ride from Hell across the wild Carribean to Belize

Yeah it was suppose to be a ferry ride from Hondorus to Belize. But it was actually a 30 ft boat that we caught for the 3 hrs ride from Porto Cortes in Hondorus across the Carribean to Placencia in Belize. I don’t what happened but the weather got ugly and the wind was so strong that it created whitecaps in the open waters of the Carribean. The boat was banging as it hit the waves so hard that I thought the boat would fall apart. We were all being tossed around the boat and this one girl was having a heck of a time and thought she was going to throw up. There were about 10 of us onboard including a woman and her 2 month old son. I was going to take the boat both ways as it’ll save me about 1 ½ days of bus rides. But I don’t know if my back can take the pounding. So I may have to take a bus back cuz I also save some money by taking the bus.

I like Belize what I’ve seen of it so far. Placencia is a small town on this spit of land jutting out into the Carribean. It’s qute small with about 1000 people mostly Creoles (descendents of Africans) and very laid back. I like the black people on the island as I’ve always gotten along with them and their laid back ways. They’re a little different than the Spanish speaking people in that they’re not very aggressive in selling things or having u come to their hotel, etc. Checked into this small place Omar’s Place and we asked if they wanted us to register but they said tomorrow’s OK. Omar’s quite a character and likes to talk so him and I get along great.

We’ve hit a problem cuz the weather has turned cooler with wind and rain. But people in a place always say “It’s suppose to be unusual for Dec as it should be hot!” But I can always move on but I kinda like this place as so chilled that I’ll hang around here a couple days to check out the scene.

No comments:

Followers