Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Off to enjoy a cool relaxing Christmas in Abu Dhabi! A vacation in the middle of my Travels Dec 2013

So in between traveling around the southern part of Africa, hanging out with a new local of SA chilling well got an invite to visit and celebrate Christmas in Abu Dhabi! All had to do was find my way from Wilderness to Capetown to catch my flight!

Hell it was so awesome that got to experience a vacation in the middle of my travels/hanging out on my awesome Trip! Which got even more awesome as got an invite & to get a free ticket to fly from Capetown to spend Christmas in Abu Dhabi!! Fuk it seems the only difference between S. Africa and U.A.E. (country & Abu Dhabi the city where my daughter resides) is UAE is built on the backs of mostly Indian/Pakistani workers rather than Black S. Africans!!! Knew that Abu Dhabi & Dubai are oil rich cities (as been there b4) so money is King which is basically so fuking Foreign to my life style & way of thinking except for the fact that I did work in the Middle East b4 in Saudi Arabia and Oman lol! But thought wtf could use a free week's vacation from traveling!!! LOL So staying at a complex built around a 5 Star hotel with 3 or 4 upscale restaurants, club, supermarket, various shops, 2 outdoor & an indoor swimming pools plus it's on the beach!! So when the cleaning lady came one day decided to go for a walk to the beach! But shit couldn't find the way to the beach so asked the door man at the hotel! Hell the dude prob took a look at me & saw a crazy looking idiot with lot of tattoos & piercings so asked “Excuse but do U stay here?” Fuk dislike being treated like a Bum (just cuz look like one) tho realize the dude's only doing his fukin job! But thought wtf  this is like South Africa but with discrimination against Peep with little Money! So I figure fuk U Dude & told him politely “No I live in the Township down the road as just parked my garbage truck out front so could chill out at the beach for a couple hours!” Definitely NOT my kind of place but didn't cause any trouble cuz didn't want my sister to be tossed from the complex while at work as know the World is made up of all kinds of different social standards so why cause problems just cuz I don't fit in!!!!

So yesterday (left my garbage truck at home LOL) and took a city bus (like I do in all countries) downtown with all the Indian, Pakistani, Banglasdeshi & other poor foreign laborers (who prob earn $100 a month)! While all the pretentious white folks drove their fancy mercedes, bmw"s, ferarris, maseratis, SUVs & other expen$ive shit boxes they drive or they take a taxi (cuz heaven forbid they can't ride with the poor laborers!!)! It kinda gave me a different perspective on the city/country as got to see how the poor working class live not how the rich Europeans live here as ate with them (by hand) in the same poor eatery as them!!! Cuz let's face it 80% of the peep working here are poor foreign workers (treated or seen as invisible but who actually keep this country going) as shit I feel no better or worse than them!!!!!! So now seen how both sides live and get around like I do in all countries I travel but so what if can't speak to them as they know that at least some crazy idiot looking Westerners is NOT above sharing their World!!!!!

Hey not saying that didn't enjoy or appreciate my trip to Abu Dhabi in U.A.E. bcuz yeah did as also enjoyed chilling at my daughter& husband's place! They are so hospitable and tried to arrange things I might enjoy like went bike riding a couple times on the sea wall almost like Vancouver but with no mtns!!! (last time they took me camping in the desert or guess beach but it's sandy everywhere lol and also went kayaking!) So when been there have got to do some things that never done b4! UAE is a Muslim country and although unlike Saudi Arabia there are Christmas decorations and Christmas trees all over bcuz well UAE is very commercial!! However it's not a Holiday but peep have option whether or not to work! So most figure wtf as save this holiday to take later with maybe the person's actual vacation to go some where! So my daughter & her husband decided to work that day as I told them shit have no trouble entertaining myself alone! Anyway got to enjoy Christmas dinner in an unorthodox setting & food! My daughter works with peep from all over the world with diff cultures! She works with this Chinese American dude who had his kinda traditional Chinese parents & brother visit him for Christmas! So they were kind enuf to invite them and me for a Chinese Dinner (what else as doubt they wud invite us to an Italian rest. lol)?? in an upscale hotel restaurants!! That was really different plus the family were very gracious, nice and polite as peep were nice like most peep with Chinese heritage! So tried to be on my best behavior as hell just like to go wit da flow!
Cuz a free Christmas dinner is a free meal and hey I'm always up for a free meal (espec while traveling)!!! But it was so different than any Christmas dinner ever had as kinda used to Turkey tho a few Christmases didn't even celebrate like when was in Ethiopia a couple yrs ago! 
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/common/orthodox-christmas-day  
Cuz they celebrate Christmas on Jan 7 and was there on Dec 25 when my family celebrate Christmas (hey not religious as just look at it as a friendly family holiday)! Anyway that year didn't celebrate Christmas on Dec 25 and when Jan 7 came around I was out of that country so missed Christmas that year! But no biggie as celebrated following year!

So had a cool chill Christmas & got into some great Lebanese food (of all ethnic food love Indian and Lebanese/Mediterrean best!) https://www.google.ca/search?q=camel+racing+in+uae&espv=2&biw=1218&bih=659&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=afpfVLuGDIrvoAT_yYGICA&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=lebanese+restaurants+in+uae
Of course love Japanese but not stuff that food that most peep think is all they have as food like 55 diff types of sushi (duh sorry but most are Western inventions like chow mein is Chinese! but hey sushi is an appetizer not a fuking meal!!!), tempura, sashimi , etc. I love the traditional Japanese food which no one in my family cooks and can't get at Chinese/Korean restuarants passing them selves off as Japanese rest. http://dyske.com/paper/786 as lot are called Fusion rest so can get everything even hamburgers, pasta etc.)! But don't get me wrong as no authority but the food in those is not bad but fuk those places have no ambience and are kind noisy not serene which is why kinda like going to Japanese
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k5751050-Traditional_Japanese_food_downtown-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html
If I have a craving I usually get pre-cooked Japanese sushi, tempura, munju, etc at a Japanese food store that bike to in Vancouver!
http://www.fujiya.ca/aboutFujiya/fujiyastores/vancouver-main.asp

Guess I seldom go to a Japanese restaurant unless a special occasion or someone visiting!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_dishes

Also love Middle East or Mediterranen food plus love smoking Shisha after or b4 eating lol along with some Turkish thrown in YUMMM! 
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/aug/22/shisha-smoking-how-bad-is-it 

We also went out to the Western desert part of Abu Dhabi for a Camel Festival and saw a Camel Race! https://www.google.ca/search?q=camel+racing+in+uae&espv=2&biw=1218&bih=659&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=afpfVLuGDIrvoAT_yYGICA&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQsAQ Now that's a different sport as shit thought do we bet or what? But shit what's strange is the owners of the camels drive SUV's on another track next to the one the camels are running! So fuking crazy as shit it's hard to tell who's leading, winning or anything plus a lot of fuking dust lol! Shit a couple of Camel Jock's fell off their camels and the camels kept running LOL! Would post a video got but shit don't have it handy so will try to post it later insha'allah!! 

Was so awesome to visit, chill and enjoy the company of my daughter and husband! But after 10 days of enjoying Christmas in Abu Dhabi well went back to Capetown, South Africa!!



No comments:

Followers