Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Crossed into Mozambique and was disappointed for a couple reasons! Oct, 2013


So after taking a taxi to the border crossed into Mozambique from Mutara in Zimbabwe. Hell if thought the Zimbabwe Visa was expensive well changed that thought as the Mozambique Visa cost Canadians $89 USD!

Then after going thru the Immigration process took a bus taxi to Chimoio a small city about a hour from the Zimbabwe border! Found out that the bus to beach town of Vilankulu was an overnight bus (so they told me) but the bus didn't leave until 3 am in the morning! So hung in a park for about 4 hrs, went to use the internet & then to an outdoor market to bought some stuff like blanket, soap, electric plug, water and some food for the night bus! 

Then since had nothing to do so about 8 pm went to the bus area bought my ticket and went inside the bus and slept until about 3 am  from Chimoio to Vilanadro 3:00 am. Slept quite good as usual on a bus then noticed during the day that the north bound (we were going south) traffic on the highway was stopped or in long convoys! We found out that there was a rebel who was causing trouble in the northern part of Mozambique which the military wanted to insure that the vehicles could pass down the highway safely!!

I asked the driver to let me know when we got near the side road which I could take to Vilankulu.
So was told that should get off the bus at the Pambara junction hitched 20 kms to Vilankulu. There weren't any local buses to take me the 20 kms so decided to hitch a ride! So asked a guy fixing a tire on his truck if I cud get a ride to Vilankulos! It was nice of the guy to give me a lift plus figure riding in the back of a truck would give me a cool breeze! Unfortunately the tire went flat again so we stopped at an outdoor tire shop to repair it! Then it was off to Vilankulos where the guy Shumba driving me told me he knew the Zombies Cucumber Backpackers so drove me to there. 

https://www.facebook.com/ZombieCucumber

Then went to all ATM machines in town to get some cash as couldn't get my card to work but then shit found out needed a Visa bank card! Luckily had some USD cash so exchanged it to Mozambique New Meticals! (1 USD equals 30.9 MZN) So exchanged 200 USD as got approx 6180 Meticals!

Staying at the Zombie Cucumber Backpacker Lodge cost 350 MZN per night! showered, getting clothes washed
computer works good in dorm so used on bed
My ATM card wud not work in Mozambique but gud thng had sum USD
1 CAD = 27.23 Mozambican Meticals

After 3 days realized was running out of USD so caught a bus to Maputo the capital of Mozambique in the south next to Swaziland.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=vilanculos&biw=601&bih=962&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gVZDVOO2INHYiALcu4GQBQ&ved=0CCQQsAQ#facrc=_&imgrc=GHTK-ZYjDoRLKM%253A%3By4hWRcqd8bun6M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.odysseadive.com%252FPicts%252FMap%252520Vilanculos.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.odysseadive.com%252F%3B1224%3B888

When got dropped off bus in Maputo caught a bus for Swaziland after waiting 4 hrs!




night bus to Maputo 800 & 100 (bag) M, dinner fish soup 250, fish
Got to Maputo 1 pm, taxi to bus 4 swaziland 250 metcal, chg 3500 metcal=910 rand,bus to Mbabane 90 rand?, leave?????
left Mapoto at 6 pm for Swaziland, what a horror show as mini bus broke down 3 times & I had the only flash light, border crossing Ok. got to Legends Lodge at 1230 am, took taxi driver was an idiot, got security guard to get woman to book me in 230 rands what a fucking trip

https://www.google.ca/search?q=map+of+mozambique&biw=601&bih=962&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B0JDVOrBG6fqiQKnv4D4BA&ved=0CDcQ7Ak#facrc=_

No comments:

Followers