Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wow Tonsai in southern Thailand was the only chilled cool place in Thailand so chilled at a beach for about a week before catching an overnight bus for my final trip back to Bangkok for my flight home !!!!!


So got to Krabi late in the evening around 9 or 10 pm and must say wasn’t too impressed with the town as lot of young backpackers getting shit faced drunk!!!! Got a room in this slightly more expensive guest house Mansion (about $12 CAD) than usually stay but everything was full and wtf for one night!!! The peep working at the guesthouse were really assholes as had no time to help or give info!
Spent one night and early the next morning went down to catch a bus to the ferry in Ao Nang to go to Tonsai and Railay a more upscale beach area close by to Tonsai!

Most peep go to Tonsai to rock climb which is internationally renown for the cliffs!


Don’t do rock climbing tho have tried so hung around Tonsai for about a week just chilling, smoking and hanging out with the cool peep!

There were a lot of cheap guest houses so found a cheap place in the second row of guesthouses away from the busier beach area!

A person could find a few reasonable priced eating places around Tonsai! My daily routine was to wake up around 10 or 11 am and go down to get a Protien shake and / or muslei with yoghurt and fruit! Then head to this coffee hut where I got to know the owner as he would make me an awesome chai tea which I’d do a couple times a day cuz got kinda addicted to it!

Then would wander over to one of the many establishments with a hammock to chill and smoke some weed! One of the bars had a bong which I’d use to smoke up tho never had a beer! I’d usually hang out in one hammock or another most of day until it was time to eat or go back to my room!

Also got to know the local tattoo artist who would call me in to his shop when ever I walk by to have a hit off his bong! But shit found that he’d mix weed and tobacco so the first time I did a big hit and almost passed out cuz dislike tobacco as get a massive headache! When was at Tonsai one of the locals gave me a ½ meter long bamboo which he made a crude bong but it fell apart when taking it home in my bag so when got home made it into a more usable bong and was a good souvenir from my trip there!

I also walked over the back way thru the jungle to the next beach Railay beach which was more upscale as went to use the ATM to get some cash! Also for a bite to eat at a different hang out! But didn’t really care for the vibes in Railay as it seemed to be more for the tour travellers!

Most of the peep who came to Tonsai would rock climb everyday but I wasn’t that big into it! Hell Tomsai reminded me of the time went to Utilla island (off the east coast of Honduras) a big diving island which specialized in peep getting cheap diving certification http://www.aboututila.com/ Went there with a Dutch friend where we stayed for a week at a dive shop to just party and hang out and didn’t do any diving!

Some peep also rented boats or kayaks in Tonsai to go to surrounding islands to hang out for the day however I couldn’t be bother as I was strictly at Tonsai to hang out and chill before heading back to Bangkok to catch my flight home!

Have a check of my humble pictures with my new waterproof camera that bought duty free at Club Changi after losing my old camera in a river!


So when the time came to leave Tonsai caught the ferry back to Ao Nang by 3 pm to catch an overnight bus to Bangkok! Where I stayed for a night at the Lamphu House and then got bounced as full so moved to a cheap place around the corner for couple nights as met some chill guys to smoke and hang out! Then moved to the Plai Garden Guesthouse close to the airport as my flight to Tokyo and home left at 810 am so could use free shuttle to airport!

So that ended my trip to SE Asia which will probably be the last time I will visit the mainland countries of SE Asia as lost it’s adventure as too many high priced tourists and enjoyment!




No comments:

Followers