Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bitched to Air Canada & got money to buy tkt to Quito Ecuador!

This is a little late but better late than never!

Well bitched to Air Canada and got them to give me a couple hundred to compensate for my late arriving baggage. So I used this money and some more to get a tkt to from Caracus to Quito.

Quito has a reputation as a city of robbery. Then got a room in a hotel in the Old City and found out that it was easy to be robbed in that area after dark. So not much to do unless a person went to the Mariscel district of the New Town where a person can also be robbed after dark.

Stayed in Quito for about a week cuz had to get some papers authorized at the Canadian Embassy.

It seemed the people there were paranoid about getting robbed and rightly so as I found out when I was robbed of my day pack on the bus. I was taking a bus from Quito to Banos after a late night. I was given a seat on the first row and the seat next to me was empty. Since I was tired I was falling asleep so I put my day pack by my feet and noticed a lady taking the next seat. But before I did a lady came by and told me to put my bag under the seat. So against my better judgement I did what she asked cuz I was a bit sleepy so thought I was on a plane.
I was woke up when the bus started and found my bag and the lady missing.

I liked Banos cuz it had a lot of outdoor activities like biking down 70 km road, hiking up a mtn, hot springs, rafting, etc.


Met 2 English girls Eva and Aman, Eva is a friend of Smiley who I met travelling in Central America in Dec. U'd never know it but both are doctors so i got a chance to hang with classy people. But they were so down to earth to put up with me and my crazy ways. We went to the hot springs, biked and climbed a mtn. They are a bit different in character than me but got along really well with them. They were off to volunteer and check out the Galapolos for a couple weeks so hope to catch up with them in Peru.






When they left I met a French guy who I hung out with and he was heading to Lima to return to France. So joined him on a 7 hr bus ride to Guayaquil and a 26 hr bus ride into Peru and Lima. The ride wasn't too bad as the bus was quite comfortable and not crowded.

No comments:

Followers