Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Having a traveller's Worst Nightname to start my S. America Trip Part 2!

Yeah made it to Caracus, Venezuela raring to travel but the idiots at Air Canada forgot to load my back pack on the flight But hey said they'd send my pack to any hotel I'm staying! But where is that cuz a Backpacker travels by the seat of their pants! We're like kids with A.D.D. as we change our focus cuz we had no plans & go places on a whim, forget where we're were headed, get shit faced & plans changed, miss our bus, meet some cool fun ppl going somewhere or something I haven't done this yet cuz can make a fool of myself without doing this - follow where some hot chick/guy (if ur a chick) are going!

But Air Canada informed me that no problem as my pack MAY come on the Fri night's flight from Canada. But but that was 3 nights away and I had nothing with me! Yeah like I'm going to stay in a hotel in this Shit Hole of a City and either get ripped off by the taxi driver, hotel or a Venezuelan patriot! The prices in this city are ridiculously high! I had planned to just stay the night at the airport and leave the next day on the cheapest flt I could find out of Caracus!

So why did I return to Caracus if I'm so in love with this shit hole? Well had to return home at the start of March & this Venezuelan friend got me a Caracus - Vancouver - Caracus tkt for about $800 so I took it! And yeah it was on Air Canada another thing we Canadians are proud of - not! Besides having the oldest, most unionized and most unfriendly flight attendants - well the airlines just sucks!

So decided not to wait in another city for my pack to show up and have it delivered. Cuz would have problems cuz my Spanish is like Zero. So decided to wait at Hotel Caracus Aeroporto aka the Caracus airport!

But AC gave me the equivalent of $100 CAD or 225 Bolivars (at bank exchange rate of 2B to $1). So that was probably just enough to buy food for 3 days at the airport. But was lucky cuz met an Aussie guy & chick who felt sorry for my plight. So they laid a bag of museli (had to scrouge a plastic bowl & spoon), apple and bars. Cuz they were headed to what they must think is the land of milk and honey - Miami! But goes to show that travellers help each other even if u only meet them for 10 mins! They even invited me to sleep down this quiet hallway with them! But I chose to sleep on a bench in the food area by Subway! Dam Snake would be in heaven as he loves Subways!

Dam this is getting scary cuz after 3 nights the airport is beginning to feel like home!! I go to sleep around 3 AM after all the flts get in! Then sleep till noon even when ppl are coming in to eat! So I go wash up and get on my laptop as there is free wireless when it's running. But luckily I got a 250 GB mini external hardrive (size of a cigarette pack) full of movies from old to the latest Academy Award movies. Brought 2 pocket books, a Spanish learning set again, couple mags and my trusty old Lonely planet but all in my pack of course.

Now I didn't really find time to watch videos when I travelled Central & South America for 4 months from Oct to Mar 2009. But I plan to lead a more quieter & hopefully cheaper trip cuz running out of cash! So I won't drink every night but maybe every other night!! So on the other nights I'll watch a movie as there are about 300 movies. Then like the computer geek that I am (I was a computer hacker in my other life until I saw the light) well I also brought a 500 GB matching mini hard drive with more movies & TV series like Simpsons, Family Guy, 24 etc .But don't usually follow those series so will have to start! Unfortunately the one 500 GB one is in lost with my pack! Was going to also use it to back up my pics and music, etc.

Well I still plan to do my share of socializing cuz love getting out and doing things and meeting ppl! May even take a week or 2 and live with a Spanish speaking family to learn a bit more Spanish. Cuz dammit can't get far with just Hola and Addios! A few swear words would add a little color to my vocabulary.

So stay tuned cuz will either get my pack back or will just piss off without it and have it sent back to Canada. Cuz staying in an airport is not my ideal of travelling once the novelty!!!

No comments:

Followers