Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well spent New Year’s in Puerto Viejo Costa Rica & wasn’t disappointed as yes it was a shit hole!

Got to Puerto Viejo before my friends and found it was getting crowded with people for New Years. It’s a surfing and party town so I understand.




There aren’t a lot of hostel type accommodations. So I found a $3 room for the first night and the next day went to this Sunrise Hostel which was really nice. It had dorm rooms for $5 and I really liked it. So I decided since the town was filling up that I would book beds for my friends too! But I didn’t realize it but the 2 Norweigan girls had booked space in this Flying Wedge place for them and 3 friends. So my friends who were travelling with them stayed there too. So I was stuck with the extra beds but it was easy to unload them.

I could have moved to the same place as the others. But their place was a 20 min walk out of town. The place had put their prices up for New Years and the service was bad. So why would I move? Just cuz the others were there as I met others in the Sunrise.

So for New Year’s Eve we bought a bunch of rum and cokes and drank them before heading to the local bar where it was suppose to be happening. The problem with this place is that the bar was so busy that we couldn’t buy a drink as it was so busy. But other than that had a good time and enjoyed New Year’s Eve.


But wasn’t that too crazy about Puerto Viejo in the first place so the next day New Year’s Day 2 of us went to Bocas Del Toro as this was where I wanted to go for New Year’s in the first place.

No comments:

Followers