Where am I?

Created this blog to document my travels, experiences & thoughts thru Central & South America but hell plan to blog my travels to where ever. Goofy harmless Free Spirit hoping to spend most of my time with locals & enjoy the world! So hang on as I travel, drink cervezas, raise a little hell, maybe piss off a few people & hopefully not give Canadians a bad reputation! Of course don't do these things on purpose but while having a good time well "Shit Happens"!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well finally made some travel plans seeing that I'm leaving in 1 week!

So I had gone to Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania in 2007 to volunteer and travel in Africa! http://projectskenya.blogspot.com/ So now decided to do Mexico, Central and South America for about 9 months!!!!

Yeah, I finally decided how I'm going to start and end my trip. But everything in between is a bit vague or I should say I'm going to be winging it. So now I'm kinda getting stoked about traveling again! Dam I was lucky cuz I had a bunch of air miles points which I could redeem for a ticket Vancouver to Buenos Aires return.

So I'm using the outbound portion to fly to Guadalajara, Mexico. Then I'll go surface by bus, car, boat, air, horse, donkey, foot, etc. from there thru Central America. Also will need to find a cheap mode of boat or plane to get around Darien Gap. If it were not for the Darien Gap between Panama and Columbia, one could drive a motor vehicle from the northern edge of Alaska to the southern tip of South America. For engineering and political reasons, the 200 miles of jungle and swamp between Panama and Columbia has never been tamed. So once I make it to Columbia then I'm free to roam South America heading towards Argentina.

You know the way the financial pic is unfolding lately. I'm probably better off taking any money I have to enjoy myself and travel cuz it's not going to be worth much soon. But I don't spend much time worrying about it. The Canadian dollar is dropping like a stone as I've found The Canadian dollar was 1.14 for 1 US dollar a week ago. It dropped .005 of a percent while I was getting my money changed in 5 mins. Then today the Canadian dollar was 1.19 for 1 US dollar. So why not just take any money I have and enjoy it while I can. So if I don't have any money later in life well so be it cuz I was never one to worry about tomorrow! I guess I'm not too responsible as I'm probably more like a teenager in caring about my financial future. But I don't care about material things or caring if I have a home now. Cuz all I need is a place to sleep and I can pay for rent and food!

When I told my brother in law about my trip well he asked me do they have Greyhound buses in Central & South America? I said I doubt it but if they do then we wondered if their Greyhound logo was the same as the one for Greyhound Canada "Where you Beheaded?". Yeah I know that's a sick line & incident but hey I have a sick mind so what can u expect. So in my travels if something should happen to me then it's more than likely that I deserved it. But hey my theory in life is "If it's my time then it's my time" so I don't worry about things. Cuz "I'm here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time". But no problem as I'm street smart and careful as I don't do anything stupid (Well I take that back as I have been known to do things that are a bit stupid!) but I wouldn't put myself in jeopardy (as I don't know how to get on the Quiz show)!

Anyway Adios Amigos


Locations of visitors to this page




No comments:

Followers